2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Saturday, November 29, 2008

Son of Humanities Researcher

... hath a blog! Here's the link to Love, Society, Videogames and Life, full of wonderfully obscure cartoons, many at the expense of the social sciences. Goodness! where did that come from? This is the child who was commenting the other day, too, that most of our friends were academics. I mentioned a handful of alternative names, to which he instantly replied, "but you met them through me!" and it was only too true.

I note the first entry to LSVL talks about a history assignment that should have been being written at around the time the first entry was written. As mother and blog reader, what's the etiquette here? Pretty much to find not a leg to stand on.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Joel!

1 comment:

Hannah Kilpatrick said...

Probably the same rule as applies to the rest of the internet. If you can't find something nice to say - pretend you never read it!