2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Saturday, June 30, 2007

And the Award for Most Backhanded Compliment in the School Report Goes to...

... the woodwork teacher at Joel's school, who comments: "He has made excellent progress with a number of hand and machine tools with varying degrees of accuracy." Fantastic!!

Almost topped, though, by the radio commentator calling the Melbourne-Essendon game last night, which Essendon stole from the beleaguered Demons in the last few moments: "the Melbourne demons have crawled out of the grave they've dug for themselves only to fall back in." Zombie football! Where's Buffy when you need her?

1 comment:

meli said...

Heh. My brother once got complimented for his 'creative spelling'. Could have equally have applied to me.