2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Fragments of an aftermath

A huge week last week. I chaired two public lectures, a two-day collaboratory and a one-day postgraduate masterclass. Life is slowly coming back to normal, though I am still fearfully behind on many things.

I am still digesting the Hearts and Stones collaboratory, though in one sense it's easy to say it fulfilled my wildest expectations about having an interdisciplinary conversation with only minimal anxiety about people speaking from too narrow a disciplinary place.

If anyone would like to hear Jeffrey Cohen's keynote lecture, "Feeling Stone", here is the link: http://harangue.lecture.unimelb.edu.au/Lectopia/Lectopia.lasso?ut=1123&id=121850.

I wish I had also been able to capture Kerryn Goldsworthy's closing presentation: a wonderful and chilling not-a-ghost-story....

But here is a textual fragment: http://networkedblogs.com/l5OI7

I'll try and write the event up in more detail soon. But in the meantime,

... if you, or anyone you know, is looking for work in the university sector, here are two part-time positions as program administrator and education and outreach officer for the Melbourne hub of the Centre. Spread the word; and do get in touch if you'd like to talk about these positions.

http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=757550&lWorkTypeID=&lLocationID=&sJobNo=emotions&sKeywords=emotions&lCategoryID=&lPayScaleID=&stp=AW&sLanguage=en

http://jobs.unimelb.edu.au/jobDetails.asp?sJobIDs=757522&lWorkTypeID=&lLocationID=&sJobNo=emotions&sKeywords=emotions&lCategoryID=&lPayScaleID=&stp=AW&sLanguage=en

No comments: