2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Dry Island Buffalo Jump

So you thought medieval scholars lived in an ivory tower? Not so. Check out Dry Island Buffalo Jump, a bunch of medieval scholars from St Andrews, who've recorded a song, available for purchase on-line, in aid of students hit by the financial crisis. All praise to Chris Jones and the band for this effort:

No comments: