2016

I've kept this blog, on and off, since 2006. In 2015 I used it to chart daily encounters, images, thoughts and feelings about volcanic basalt/bluestone in Melbourne and Victoria, especially in the first part of the year. I plan to write a book provisionally titled Bluestone: An Emotional History, about human uses of and feelings for bluestone. But I am also working on quite a few other projects and a big grant application, especially now I am on research leave. I'm working mostly from home, then, for six months, and will need online sociability for company!


Monday, November 01, 2010

Late Hallowe'en tribute: The Headless Horseman

The streets are quiet today; like a late Sunday morning. And why? Because it's the Monday before the Melbourne Cup. Only in Australia do you end up with a four-day weekend to celebrate a horse race that lasts about two minutes (though I'm sure it seems longer if you have put a lot of money on it).

Anyway, I'm working on my Magna Carta essay; Joel is home because the teachers are only giving them fill-in work if they go to school as they are having some other meeting. And after a little searching, I've found a slightly wobbly video of his vocal group at Melba Hall from earlier in the year. Sound and picture get a little better as they go along: but it's a nice taste of what the group can do.

Actually let's call this a tribute to Hallowe'en and the Melbourne Cup:

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

Great singing here, from a group of bright young folks. Thanks.